When are Be More Collective™ grants open?
The Be More Collective™ grant is awarded once every quarter (March, June, September, December). Each entry period lasts for three months:
March Quarter: 1 December - 28/29 February
June Quarter: 1 March - 31 May
September Quarter: 1 June - 31 August
December Quarter: 1 September - 30 November
Entries are open this cycle from 1 December 2018 and close on 28 February 2019.
Who is eligible for a grant?
To be eligible for the Be More Collective™ grant you must be aged 18 or over and be an Australian citizen.
I’m 17 now, so… am I eligible?
Actually, you might be. If you’ll turn 18 before each entry period, then yes, you are eligible. If you’ll still be 17 by that date, don’t be put off – grants are awarded every two months all year, so make sure you reapply after your 18th birthday.
Are there specific topics my story has to be about?
No, but you’ll need to demonstrate in your video submission how the grant will help you improve on your talent, aspiration or situation. For example, topics can be as varied as:
- A young basketballer from far north Queensland may have enormous talent but doesn’t have the funds to attend basketball training camps in Sydney or attend national selection tournaments.
- A young parent may not have enough money for child-minding that would to allow them to attend night classes for further educational studies or to learn a specific skill.
- A young person in rural South Australia needs help to pay for the bus to go to trade school each week to finish their apprenticeship.
- A young person getting their disability care certificate will help countless people in need.
- A social worker in Ballarat is working with foster children and wants to take an online course in mental health to learn more about key warning signs.
- A neighbour wants to learn Indian to help welcome their new migrant family to Australia and their local community.
What makes a good Be More Collective™ grant entry?
Here’s four tips on how to create a great Be More Collective™ entry:
- Keep it simple – your video is 60 seconds long, tops, so stick to the facts, try not to exaggerate or overcomplicate, and focus on making us feel how you feel.
- It’s your story, but not your whole story – give us a window into who you are and your life, but stick to what’s relevant to what you hope to achieve.
- Planning is important – make sure you know exactly what you want us to know. Your video doesn’t have to be professionally shot – it can be filmed on a smartphone – but writing yourself a script beforehand wouldn’t hurt.
- If you’re still stuck – you might follow the structure of telling us who you are, what you want to achieve, and how the Be More Collective™ grant would help you achieve your goal. Done.
What do I get if I win a Be More Collective™ grant?
Entrants can apply for up to $2,000, and the winner will receive this amount as well a carton of Kanguru ®. Two runners-up will also receive a carton each.
How long should my video be?
Keep your video to 60 seconds or less – the three final runners-up in each round will have the chance to expand on their application in an interview, so stick to the key points about your aspiration.
Am I allowed to apply for multiple grants?
No, sorry, you can only make one grant application during each grant period. However, if you’re not successful in your first attempt you can reapply for the next round of grants.
How can I make a grant application?
All it takes to make your application is three simple steps:
- Step 1: Enter your details
- Step 2: Summarise your application
- Step 3: Upload your video
I’ve uploaded my video – why hasn’t it appeared online yet?
Be More Collective™ is a moderated space, which means a staff member has to review every application submitted to make sure it meets out Terms and Conditions before it goes public. We aim to publish entries by the following business day, but this depends on the number of entries we receive. If your entry has taking a while to appear, check your email – we may have attempted to contact you to explain why it hasn’t gone online yet.
What video formats can I upload?
Applicants can submit a video up to 400mb in the following formats:
- MPEG (mp4, VOB, MPG, 3GP)
- Microsoft (AVI, ASF, WMV)
- Quicktime (MOV)
- FLV (VP6 – newest version of FLV format)
What video editing applications are available for me to use?
Windows Movie Maker for Windows and iMovie for Apple, which are probably the most common video editing applications and come free with their operating systems. Both applications will allow you to export your final video in a format Be More Collective™ accepts.
Where are the full terms and conditions for Be More Collective™ grants?
Terms and Conditions – for your reading enjoyment!
Your question isn’t answered here?
You can contact a Be More Collective™ team member by email at email@example.com or by calling us on
1800 KANGURU. We always aim to reply to queries by the next business day. Be More!